Lo-fi Sampling Groovebox
- Retro sampling engine that can turn any sound into a cool lo-fi sound.
- Sampled sounds are automatically assigned to the keyboard and can be played at different pitches.
- The Laid-back knob delays the start time of the sound, making it easy to create the drunk beats.
- Equipped with a powerful 4-track step sequencer that the LIVEN series is renowned for.
- Independent track effects [11 types] and master reverbs [8 types].
Retro sampling engine that can turn any sound into a cool lo-fi sound.
The LIVEN Lofi-12 has a 16bit – 12kHz/24kHz sampling engine with the 12bit Sampler mode that will turn any sound into a pleasing lo-fi sound. Like the many legendary samplers that were released in the late 80s, this is a genuine low-bit and low sampling frequency sound that cannot be obtained authentically with bit crusher effects and other modern sound degrading tools.
Up to 4 seconds sampling per sample slot (2 seconds sampling at the 24kHz mode). Start and end point trimming, sustain looping with start and end point adjustment, pitch adjustment, reverse playback, filtering and LFO modulation are all possible.
Sampled sounds are automatically assigned to the keyboard and can be played at different pitches.
Sounds sampled by the LIVEN Lofi-12 are automatically assigned to the keyboard and can be played easily at different pitches.
The well-known vintage sampler technique of sampling a 33 RPM vinyl at 45 RPM then slowing it down created the gritty, lo-fi sound that is often heard in ’90s hip-hop. The LIVEN Lofi-12 makes it easy to recreate that sound!
80 carefully selected lo-fi presets sounds are included.
The Laid-back knob delays the start time of the sound, making it easy to create the drunk beats.
The Laid-back knob on the LIVEN Lofi-12 allows you to delay the start of the selected sampled sound. For example, you can slightly delay the snare drum sound in your drum pattern, or use the Parameter Lock function to shift the sound timing later for each step individually.
Equipped with a powerful 4-track step sequencer that the LIVEN series is renowned for.
The LIVEN Lofi-12 is equipped with the high-performance 4-track step sequencer that has earned the LIVEN XFM a solid reputation. You can easily create a 4-part song by selecting a sampled sound for each track, and with the Sound Lock function, you can switch sampled sounds for each phrase or sequencer step, allowing you to use an almost infinite combination of sounds within a single song.
Independent track effects [11 types] and master reverbs [8 types].
The LIVEN Lofi-12 features independent effects on all four tracks.
You can select from ten types of effects from the LIVEN series, and the effect parameters can be automated in steps using the Parameter Lock function. In addition, seven types of high- quality reverbs are included as the master reverb. The send amount can be adjusted for each track for mixing.
– 16bit – 12kHz or 24kHz (switchable) linear PCM sampling (mono)
– 12bit Sampler mode
– Sampling up to 4 seconds per sample (12kHz) or 2 seconds per sample (24kHz) – Auto start sampling function with the input level (input level can be set)
– Start/end point, attack, release, pitch, and level adjustment
– Reverse playback
– Sustain loop settings
– Maximum polyphony: 10 voices
– 128 sample memory slots (16 x 8 banks)
– Import and export of a slot or banks of samples (via MIDI)
– 10-note polyphonic mode
– Mono mode with adjustable glide time
– Legato mode with adjustable glide time
– Arpeggiator modes (Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, Up&Down, Down&Up, Up+1, Up+2, Down- 1, Down-2, Random, Play Order)
– Low Pass
– High Pass
– Band Pass
Each track has its own filter and envelope.
– Each track has one LFO which can affect both pitch and filter cutoff with separate adjustable
– Adjustable LFO Shapes.
– Adjustable start time delay for each LFO.
– Sweep with adjustable speed, range, and curve
<Track effects> One effect per track – Chorus
– Bit Crusher
– Low Pass Filter
– High Pass Filter
– Tilt EQ
<Master reverb effects>
Reverb send amount can be set independently for each track – Hall
– Cassette Tape simulator
– Vinyl simulator
– 4 tracks
– Up to 64 steps per pattern
– 64 patterns
– Step length can be set from 1/1 to 1/32 – Real-time recording
– Directly enter notes for each step when sequencer is on or off – Enter longer notes (Tied notes)
– Metronome and pre-count function
– Step copy and paste function
– Track copy and paste function
– Transpose function
– Swing function
– Pattern BPM / Global BPM can be set – Pattern chain function
– Track level and pan can be set independently
– Parameter Lock function to record parameter settings for each step – Sound Lock function to record sound settings for each step
– RANDOM function to play back steps in random order
– STUTTER function to play back only the step being pressed
– DICE function to set the note playback probability from 25 to 100%
– Notes, control changes, clock input/output – IMPORT/EXPORT of user data
– Firmware update via Sysex
27 keys (with a hold function)
– 15 physical control knobs
– Optional LATCH function prevents jumps in value when knob position and parameter values do not match.
– LCD dot indicates when a parameter value matches the saved value, or when the value has been changed.
– One physical encoder for fine adjustments.
– LINE IN (stereo 3.5mm mini-jack)
– Compatible with Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator Series SYNC IN
– Stereo line out (stereo 3.5mm mini jack)
– Headphone out (stereo 3.5mm mini jack)
– Compatible with Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator Series SYNC OUT – Built in speaker
– MIDI IN connector (5-Pin DIN type)
– MIDI OUT connector (5-Pin DIN type)
– SYNC IN jack (monaural 3.5mm mini jack)
– SYNC OUT jack (monaural 3.5mm mini jack)
297mm (W) x 176mm (D) x 48mm (H)
– 9V DC output AC adapter
Current: 1A or greater
Plug Type: EIAJ3 Standard
Inner Diameter: 1.7mm
Outer Diameter: 4.75mm,
Polarity: Center +
– Compatible with power supplies designed for the Korg Volca. – 6 AA batteries
*The AC adapter and batteries are not included.
– Overlay sheet for sampling & editing